This is the mail archive of the
binutils@sources.redhat.com
mailing list for the binutils project.
Warning shift of 0 ignored
- From: Dirk Behme <dirk dot behme at de dot bosch dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:38:10 +0100
- Subject: Warning shift of 0 ignored
- Organization: Blaupunkt GmbH
Hello,
I'm using GNU arm-linux assembler (version 2.14.90.0.6 (arm-linux) using
BFD version 2.14.90.0.6 20030820) to cross-compile ARM Linux Kernel
2.6.0. In one file I get warnings
arch/arm/lib/csumpartialcopygeneric.S:142: Warning: shift of 0 ignored.
with expression
mov r5, r4, lsr #byte(0)
I posted a patch to the ARM Linux Patch system, but it was rejected
because the original code seems to be correct and "a fix should rather
consist of having the assembler not emit a warning in those cases"
(Please see
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/viewpatch.php?id=1739/1)
Any ideas to switch off or avoid these warnings?
Dirk
--
dirk.behme@de.bosch.com