This is the mail archive of the binutils@sources.redhat.com mailing list for the binutils project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [RFC] unify dynamic_symbol_p implementations


On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 09:13:30PM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:
> I checked in the following patch to fix it.
> 
> 	* elf-bfd.h (SYMBOL_REFERENCES_LOCAL): Fix a typo.
> 	(SYMBOL_CALLS_LOCAL): Likewise.

Obvious change.

> 	* elflink.c (_bfd_elf_dynamic_symbol_p): Return TRUE
> 	immediately if symbol isn't defined locally.

This isn't so obvious, and I think wrong.  You do happen to be restoring
more or less the original SYMBOL_REFERENCES_LOCAL behaviour, but I think
the idea is to move the weak undef handling into
_bfd_elf_dynamic_symbol_p.

-- 
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]