Re: PATCH: Better messages for discarde section

Hi H.J.

>> asprintf() returns 0 if it failed to allocate the memory, not -1.

> Linux's asprintf returns -1 on error.

Really ?  The one in libiberty returns 0.  Oh well.

> I changed it to "ok <= 0".

Thanks.

>> > -error_handler VPARAMS ((int id ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED, const char *fmt, ...))
>> > +error_handler (int id, const char *fmt, ...)
>> >  {
>> > -  VA_OPEN (arg, fmt);
>> > -  VA_FIXEDARG (arg, const char *, fmt);
>>
>> Please do not remove the V.... macros. We have not switched over to
>> using IsoC.  (Well not yet anyway).
>
> I am not sure if I have a choice here since va_copy is used, which
> is not available in K&R C.

Why are you using va_copy ?  If it is only because of the recursive
call to einfo() inside your new code, then it might be cleaner to just
set a flag and then tail-call einfo at the end of the function.  That
way it should work with K&R as well.

> +    case -LD_DEFINITION_IN_DISCARDED_SECTION:
> +    case LD_DEFINITION_IN_DISCARDED_SECTION:

What is the purpose of the negative version of
LD_DEFINITION_IN_DISCARDED_SECTION ?  Does anything use it ?  Assuming
that it is needed, it ought to be documented in a comment somewhere.