Re: check mips abi x linker emulation compatibility

At Tue, 20 May 2003 21:07:50 +0000 (UTC), "Maciej W. Rozycki" wrote:
>  As I understand, you don't like the names of configurations to be
> "mipsn32" and "mips64" for n32 and (n)64, respectively.  What names do you
> propose, then?  These two seem the least confusing for me.

Uh, "and mips64 means mips3 isn't confusing"?  8-)

So, at least the way things are going now, it looks like
"mips64-linux" tools (both binutils and gcc) will/should support all
three ABIs, with the default being n32.

I don't know that there's any reason to support an abi=64 default set
of tools, since really, people shouldn't be using abi=64 except with
certain extreme cases IMO.  (more space for no gain.)

You need to do a little bit of work to get the glibc's all built, but
from what Alex has indicated to me the glibc folks aren't gonna bite
on configure CPU names w/ ABIs in them, so you have to do that anyway.

cgd