objcopy - support for "word" interleaving

Hi All,
Does anyone have a version of objcopy that can interleave on a "word" basis instead of "byte" (i.e. like the "--byte"
option).
My architecture uses 4 16-bit Flash chips and I need to create a ROM image for each chip.

If this email is miss directed can you please point me to the correct user/developer community that could address this
question.

Thanks
			NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is intended for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary information.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any form of dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If
this e-mail was sent to you in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone.

Wayne Young
Honeywell E&S Toronto
tel: 905-608-6000 x2770
fax: 905-608-6190
email: wayne dot young at honeywell dot com