Re: Strip 2.13 corrupts exe file

Christian Groessler wrote:
There are also problems mixing vc++ and binutils object files, see
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-12/msg00327.html

That link talks about a problem with linking binutils object file using the VC++ linker. I haven't tried that myself. I did link a VC++ object file with gcc object files using binutils. The resulting executable was not working as expected. I experienced all sorts of weird buffer overflows. This is the reason we are now moving to VC++ for all object files.

Thanks for the info, as I could see myself coming across this situation in the near future. I take it, it has not been resolved?

Sincerely,

--
Richard van den Berg, CISSP

Trust Factory B.V.      | http://www.trust-factory.com/
Bazarstraat 44a         | Phone: +31 70 3620684
NL-2518AK The Hague     | Fax  : +31 70 3603009
The Netherlands         |