Regarding dlopen in Solaris

Hi People,
         I am not sure if this question is relevant
here. But to me it looks to do something with
binutils/gcc/libc.
         I am using Sparc Solaris 8 with gcc-3.2 using
binutils 2.12 (sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8). When I try to
load some shared libraries built using gcc through
dlopen, am getting NULL. It works for some libraries
and but not for all. Does it involve some patching
work for libc in Solaris.
          Any clues would be highly appreciated.

Regards, Karthik