This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binary compatibility loss regarding errno
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:41:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: Binary compatibility loss regarding errno
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 12:19:49AM +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > On the other side, with
> > .symver y,x@VERS_1
> > .symver z,x@VERS_2
> > reloc against SHN_UNDEF x
> > it is unclear which of the symbols actually should be used.
> It is kind of random. I think ld will pick the "first" one. But you can
> always use y or z directly. That is how it is used in some places in
That is always wrong for data objects that might have copy relocs.