This is the mail archive of the binutils@sources.redhat.com mailing list for the binutils project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
Hi Ralf,
> I've added a testcase, can anyone check this ?
I had a look over the test code itself. I do not currently have a
Cygwin environment available for testing, so I could not check to see
if the test worked but I do have a few comments on the harness code:
* Strictly speaking you should check for the presence of a C
compiler before using it to compile your tests and return UNTESTED
if one is not available. Of course since you are restricting your
tests to natives only, there must have been a C compiler around in
order to build the linker in the first place, but being thorough
never hurts.
* You should give yourself credit. ie you should mention that you
wrote the test case.
* Since the *-mingw* test is not currently supported, it should return
UNSUPPORTED or UNTESTED not FAIL. It is not the *-mingw*'s port's
fault that the test has not been written.
* Ideally you should follow the GNU coding conventions in your test
source files.
I am attaching a archive containing a version of your tests with the
above changes made. I would like however, to have it confirmed that
the tests do work on a real Cygwin target before I check them into the
binutils sources.
Cheers
Nick
Attachment:
ld-testsuite-ld-auto-import.tgz
Description: ld/testsuite/ld-auto-import
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |