This is the mail archive of the
binutils@sources.redhat.com
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
- From: Klee Dienes <klee at apple dot com>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com,gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:18:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Update to current automake/autoconf/libtool versions.
On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 04:08 PM, Andrew Cagney wrote:
The 3-argument form works with both autoconf-2.13 and autoconf-2.50+.
So the three argument form fixes can be committed now?
Yes, that should be fine, though I'd have to do a test-configure/build
of it to be 100% sure.
Right. But can the fixes be committed now (while we potentially
twiddle our thums waiting for the end of the northern winter :-). I
get the feeling that the answer is no. Outch!
We could use YLWRAP = $(srcdir)/ylwrap instead of YLWRAP =
$(srcdir)/../ylwrap, and then include the new-style ylwrap in the GDB
directory, if we chose to. I suspect it'd be better just to wait until
we are willing/able to use automake to generate the makefiles for
binutils/ld/gas, but I have no strong opinion either way.