This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: coff-h8300 bfd bug (Electric Fence info)
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:14:37 +1030
- Subject: Re: coff-h8300 bfd bug (Electric Fence info)
- References: <001301c2998b$f89ae5c0$78d96f83@pomello>
On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 10:49:53PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
> I'm experiencing segfaults from h8300-hms-ld, so I ran it under
> It showed line 1219 of bfd/coff-h8300.c as being buggy.
> Line is: if(!h8300_coff_hash_table(info)->vectors_sec)
> Now, I'm going to see if I can trace the problem any further, but I've never
> looked at bfd code before, so I'm hoping someone who has will be able to
> make something from this information.
I'd guess you're trying to link non-coff object files. The bug is
that h8300_coff_hash_table shouldn't be used without first checking
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre