Re: Missing symbols in hppa64-hp-hpux11.00

> There are three symbols which are required by libcl in hpux which
> seem to be inserted by the HP linker.  I had a look at the ld script
> but its a bit beyond me.

These and other predefined main program symbols are described in the
HP "Program Startup PA-64 Runtime Supplement".  It indicates
that these symbols should be defined by the linker primarily for
statically-bound programs and that their use in dynamically-bound
programs is discouraged.  Since GNU ld doesn't yet support
static binding, I can see why these symbols might not be defined.
They need to be defined in the linker script.

As a work around, I suggest building gcc with GAS and HP ld.  This
combination works better at the moment.  Steve Ellcey has added
some fixes to the mainline that have resolved some previous problems
with using HP ld.  I don't expect GNU ld to be required until dwarf2
support is added.

Dave