Re: [patch] tic4x support in gas

Alan Modra wrote:
I can't say I like it very much.  Why don't you use the standard
gas floating point syntax?  eg. 0f3.14159, 0d3.14159 or 0e3.14159
For one, to make other (thirdparty) vendor asm code compile on gas. E.g. to use the syntax from the vendor's programming manual. Secondly, c4x-gcc uses this syntax as of this day. If the instructions (only) allows gas flonums, then gcc have to be changed as well (which right now is out of my league/timespan).

But I agree on a general basis. It would really make things more compatible/consistent. However, as this patch is addressing a syntax which is documented in the vendor's menuals, I am a little bit relucant in blindly enforcing the "gas-way". (The documentation is priceless, and it has been a goal for this target to be compatible with the vendors original syntax.)

Regards,
Svein