This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: linking files with 16 and 32 bit code
- From: "Mike Lerwill" <mlist at ml-solutions dot co dot uk>
- To: "Alan Modra" <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- Cc: "Binutils" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:03:11 +0100
- Subject: RE: linking files with 16 and 32 bit code
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 10:36:53PM +0100, Mike Lerwill wrote:
> > I have come across a situation where DISP16 is not being calculated
> > correctly.
> I think this bug is specific to the old non-BFD i386-coff code. If
> you configure using --enable-bfd-assembler, you should find this works
> OK. After 2.13 is released, I want to make bfd assembler the default
> for i386-coff and i386-aout.
> Alan Modra
> IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre
Are you meaning that the problem is with the assembler not with the linker.
I think it is the other way round.
$ as -v reports
GNU assembler version 2.12.90 (i686-pc-cygwin) using BFD version 2.12.90
$ ld -v
GNU ld version 2.12.90 20020706