This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: SIGSEGV in ld at elflink.h:5500
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: amodra at bigpond dot net dot au (Alan Modra)
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, drepper at redhat dot com, hjl at lucon dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 21:51:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: SIGSEGV in ld at elflink.h:5500
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 01:37:23PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> > /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Unsatisfied code symbol '__register_frame_info' in load module './gengenrtl'.
> > /bin/sh: 22331 Killed
> > These symbols are undefined weak
> This touches on the general issue of exactly how gnu ld should handle
> weak symbols. It's something I'd like to correct post 2.13, as I
> believe the current behaviour is wrong. Ulrich, HJ, do you know
> whether there is a proposal to specify weak sym handling in the works
> for the ELF gabi?
After I wrote, I found that removing "-E' from the link spec in pa64-hpux.h
allowed a complete build although there are a still huge number of testsuite
failures still related to this issue.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)