This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Add hppa*64* support to libtool in binutils
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca, aoliva at redhat dot com, rittle at labs dot mot dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:15:43 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Add hppa*64* support to libtool in binutils
> This is a first cut at adding hppa64 support to libtool in binutils.
> The same needs to done in gcc and in the libtool source. Unfortunately,
> the binutils and gcc sources are somewhat out of sync, so it seems
> separate patches will be needed in each case.
David, I verified that if my GCC libtool patch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-07/msg00527.html) is applied to
GCC then your binutils patch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-07/msg00397.html) can be applied
to GCC with out any changes. I put both patches to my local tree
(binutils and GCC) over the weekend and tested on PA32, PA64, and IA64
HP-UX and had no problems. This would leave Loren Rittle's GCC libtool
patch (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-05/msg00234.html) as the
only difference between the binutils and GCC libtools. Loren, do you
know of any reason this patch couldn't be applied to the binutils
I applied it to my binutils tree with no apparent bad effects. It
probably isn't needed in binutils but it would keep the two versions of
libtool in synch.