This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] MIPS64: A 32-bit address range fix
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 08 Jul 2002 17:31:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] MIPS64: A 32-bit address range fix
- References: <Pine.GSO.3.96.1020709013839.6296Ufirstname.lastname@example.org>
> I don't see any relevance here, sorry. The range of addresses that is
> affected, i.e. 0xffffffff7fff8000 to 0xffffffff7fffffff, is invalid on
> MIPS64 -- references to it always generate an address error exception.
> How can gcc make any use of it?
It was more of a sanity check to make sure that you didn't break
anything else. The possibility is remote (likely negligible) but I
usually request a check-gcc for sanity.
> OK to apply, then?
Sure. I'm not willing to beat you until you give in on this. :)
I will not carve gods