This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: bfd/syms.c bfd_decode_symclass patch proposal for gprof problem
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 04 Jul 2002 18:47:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: bfd/syms.c bfd_decode_symclass patch proposal for gprof problem
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jim Wilson <email@example.com> writes:
> It is used in binutils/rddbg.c, but that code seems pretty useless
> now, since it only handles the '-' type, and only aout targets return the
> '-' type. Not many people use aout anymore. My code doesn't emit '-' so there
> should be no effect here.
Not that it matters, but that code in rddbg.c is only called for a.out
targets anyhow. The code is just trying to pick out the stabs entries
in the symbol table.
This patch looks OK to me, but somebody else should probably look at