This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: configure/make/make install with moving srcdir, builddir...
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: neroden at doctormoo dot dyndns dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:36:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: configure/make/make install with moving srcdir, builddir...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I think that's fine. And if we can really simplify our makefiles that's
> worth more than being able to change the $srcdir around. We can always
> add that later if someone really, really needs it.
What about the case where you do a build on one machine, and do "make
install" on many others with different mount points? Doesn't that
need to know where srcdir is, yet srcdir is a different location for