This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: hppa64-hp-hpux11.00: HP ELF64 brokeness (incorrect .dynamic section)
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: ross dot alexander at uk dot neceur dot com, law at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 15:20:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: hppa64-hp-hpux11.00: HP ELF64 brokeness (incorrect .dynamic section)
The brokeness of the HP linker seems to have been previously discovered.
See code around line 1452 in elflink.h. The test there tries to determine
if the SHLINK field refers to a section that is not a string table.
I guess the question is whether bogus values other than 0 can occur.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)