This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: BFD + ARC
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- To: Rajneesh Kumar <rajneesh at postmark dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 03 Jul 2002 10:21:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: BFD + ARC
- References: <email@example.com>
> Can anyone guide me if its good idea to use BFD for this purpose and
> if there is sufficient support for ARC in BFD and any guidance on the
> above problem. All pointers will be highly appreciated.
The BFD library does have support for the ARC architecture, and it
ought to be able to recognise your binaries as ARC binaries. If it
does not then there may be a discrepancy between how the BFD code
labels the binaries that it produces and the binaries that the Precise
The first thing to check is the EM_xxx value in the e_machine field of
the ELF header. BFD is expecting the value 45 (decimal). See the
function arc_elf_object_p() in bfd/elf32-arc.c for more information.