This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: hppa64-hp-hpux11.00: HP ELF64 brokeness (incorrect .dynamic section)
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: ross dot alexander at uk dot neceur dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 08:48:53 +0930
- Subject: Re: hppa64-hp-hpux11.00: HP ELF64 brokeness (incorrect .dynamic section)
- References: <OF6A560722.C373A73F-ON80256BE9.0053A3D7@uk.neceur.com>
On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 04:16:09PM +0100, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I will produce a patch within the next couple of days.
Thanks. No hurry. Another solution occurred to me 5 seconds after
sending my previous email: You could write a utility to fix the
broken HP shared libs. Should be quite easy, especially if you steal
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 08:07:46PM +0100, email@example.com
> > bfd_elf_get_bfd_needed_list breaks.
> > 1) Check if shlink == 0 and pick up the ELF index of dynsym section
> > explicitly.
> I think this is reasonable, given that conforming objects will have a
> non-zero sh_link. Care to submit a patch and ChangeLog entry?
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre