This is the mail archive of the binutils@sources.redhat.com mailing list for the binutils project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
> Is /opt/X11R6/lib/libX11.sl.6.1 an elf64 library?
Yes. It was linked using the HP linker.
> I have seen similar warnings from gdb. Maybe you could get more
information
> about this problem by running ld under gdb with a break at elf.c:342.
This
> is where the error message is generated.
Here is a basic stack trace. Ignore that later stuff in the log.
I'll have a good look at this tomorrow.
(See attached file: gdb.log)
Cheers,
Ross
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ross Alexander "He knows no more about his
MIS - NEC Europe Limited destiny than a tea leaf knows
Work ph: +44 20 8752 3394 the history of East India Company"
"John David
Anglin" To: ross.alexander@uk.neceur.com
<dave@hiauly1.hia cc: law@redhat.com, amodra@bigpond.net.au, binutils@sources.redhat.com,
.nrc.ca> binutils-owner@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: hppa64-hp-hpux11.00: invalid string offset for section .dynstr
19/06/2002 18:01
> configure:16983: result: -I/opt/gtk+-2.0/include/pango-1.0
-I/opt/X11R6/include -I/opt/gtk+-2.0/include/glib-2.0
-I/opt/gtk+-2.0/lib/glib-2.0/include
> -L/opt/gtk+-2.0/lib -lpangox-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0
-lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv
> configure:17006: checking for pango_context_new in -lpango-1.0
> configure:17039: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall
-I/opt/gtk+-2.0/include/pango-1.0 -I/opt/X11R6/include
-I/opt/gtk+-2.0/include/glib-2.0
> -I/opt/gtk+-2.0/lib/glib-2.0/include conftest.c -lpango-1.0
-L/opt/gtk+-2.0/lib -lpangox-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0
-lglib-2.0
> -lintl -liconv -liconv -lintl -liconv >&5
>
/opt/dev64/lib/gcc-lib/hppa64-hp-hpux11.00/3.1/../../../../hppa64-hp-hpux11.00/bin/ld:/opt/X11R6/lib/libX11.sl.6.1:
bfd_elf_get_bfd_needed_list
> failed: File truncated
Is /opt/X11R6/lib/libX11.sl.6.1 an elf64 library?
Dave
--
J. David Anglin dave.anglin@nrc.ca
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX:
952-6605)
Attachment:
gdb.log
Description: Binary data
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |