This is the mail archive of the binutils@sources.redhat.com mailing list for the binutils project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

endianess of MCORE processors


Hello

I've compiled the binutils,gcc,newlib for the MCORE processor (successfully
I might add) only to find later that there is an endian-issue. I searched on
the binutils archives and found where Nick had a request from Motorola to
change the endianess of the MCORE port to default to little-endian. This
works correctly. Problem is... I know they released the processor as big
endian. I look at all the S-records the produced with their Metrowerks
application and it's big-endian but the gnu tools output little endian... It
appears as though at compile time this can be forced (I think) but that's
it...

What should be done?

Mark


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]