This is the mail archive of the
binutils@sources.redhat.com
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fix ld segfaults under hppa64-hp-hpux11
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: dave dot anglin at nrc dot ca, ross dot alexander at uk dot neceur dot com, amodra at bigpond dot net dot au, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:32:43 -0600
- Subject: Re: Fix ld segfaults under hppa64-hp-hpux11
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <200206132221.g5DMLYOm004587@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>, "John David Anglin
" writes:
> > It's also possible that it's complaining about the PLTGOT value, which is
> > zero, which I find rather odd. It should have a value like
> > 0x80000000xxxxxxxx.
>
> I believe that I have found the problem. The PLTGOT value isn't being
> computed correctly when the PLT section is stripped. The hppa_info->plt_sec
> value needs to be reset to NULL when the PLT section is stripped, etc.
Hmmm. In theory PLTGOT is supposed to be optional, so you may be able to
omit it -- it's worth a try.
However, I vaguely remember that HPs use PLTGOT in a nonstandard way, so if
generic code is stripping the PLT because it is unneeded, we may still need
the PLTGOT entry in the .dynamic section.
jeff