This is the mail archive of the binutils@sources.redhat.com mailing list for the binutils project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
More information on this. The reason I was using such an odd .org to
create the offset is because of (what I think is) an actual bug. Check out
the third csect in the attached file. It starts at 0x0c instead of 0x00
(where it should start, right?), making the .align later in the section
actually do someting, rather than simply take up listing file space. Is it
legal to have this many csects in an xcoff file?
(See attached file: assem_test2.as)(See attached file: assem_test2.lst)(See
attached file: assem_test2.o)
--
Jason M. Sullivan
PowerPC Embbedded Processor Solutions
IBM Microelectronics
jasonsul@us.ibm.com (919.543.5650)
Jason
Sullivan/Raleigh/IBM@I To: binutils@sources.redhat.com
BMUS cc:
Sent by: Subject: Gas padding object files? (XCOFF, ppc, aix)
binutils-owner@sources
.redhat.com
05/31/02 11:10 AM
I'm running gas on an aix machine configured with the following line....
./configure --host=rs6000-ibm-aix4.3.3.0 --target=powerpc-ibm-aix
When I assemble the attached code, gas padds a 0 in the word location after
the final branch. I'll attach the object and listing files too, since
they're small.
(See attached file: vp_branchafvt.as)(See attached file: vp_branchafvt.lst)
(See attached file: vp_branchafvt.o)
--
Jason M. Sullivan
PowerPC Embbedded Processor Solutions
IBM Microelectronics
jasonsul@us.ibm.com (919.543.5650)
Attachment:
assem_test2.as
Description: Binary data
Attachment:
assem_test2.lst
Description: Binary data
Attachment:
assem_test2.o
Description: Binary data
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |