This is the mail archive of the binutils@sources.redhat.com mailing list for the binutils project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Upgrade woes (Solved)


On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 fbn@dandy.net wrote:
> > I've recently upgraded several things, glibc-2.2.5, libtool-1.4.2,
> > reinstalled gcc-2.95.3. I started upgrading glibc-2.2.5 which seems to be
> > where my trouble began. Trying to compile xcdroast gave me errors and I did
> > a search and found mention of upgrading libtool. Well, upgrading libtool
> > fixed the compiler error, but now everything I compile segfaults. The
> > compiles go cleanly, no errors, but the binaries simply do not work. I
> > don't know where to look further into fixing the problem, nor even how to
> > narrow down the possible culprit.
> Ohh, I should have mentioned this is on linux 2.4.17 (slackware based).

Well, ok, I'm impatient and kept digging around the search engines and came
across a suggestion to compile binutils with --disable-shared
(http://lists.parisc-linux.org/hypermail/parisc-linux/4285.html)
and this seems to have fixed the problem. Using binutils-020305.



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]