This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
possible powerpc 40x problem in 2.12
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:08:12 -0600
- Subject: possible powerpc 40x problem in 2.12
- Organization: OAR Corporation
- Reply-to: joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com
I tried to build all of the RTEMS configurations using
the same binutils 2.12 source I reported results on
earlier and have gotten a failure on the ppc40x targets
because the following instructions are recognized. This
is with gcc 2.95.3 on top of the gas and I think something
is not quite in sync because -mcpu=403 is resulting in
-mppc being passed to gas. With that, it doesn't like
the mfdcr and mtdcr instructions and claims them as illegal.
Should I be using a different gcc CPU CFLAG or is
this a case where binutils 2.12 is intended to be
using with gcc 3.x?
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985