This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Developing OpenBSD support
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Paul Wright <cryptogeek at myrealbox dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:50:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: Developing OpenBSD support
- References: <20020224134757.A24540@12-218-155-200.client.mchsi.com>
On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 01:47:57PM -0500, Paul Wright wrote:
> I'd like to work on developing support in binutils for OpenBSD. I haven't
> hacked on binutils before, so I don't quite know how much I've bitten off, but
> I'm pretty sure I can chew it if I work hard enough. I'm sure you've had a few
> people express some interest in this before-- does anybody know the status of
> previous project to do this?
> Looking at binutils-2.11.2, it would seem that the best place to start for
> adding support would be the BFD library-- is this correct? Any tips, pointers,
> or other information that would be useful for somebody just getting started on
> playing with binutils?
It's already there. Look at the current binutils snapshots; see
http://sources.redhat.com/binutils. I see alpha, arm, i386, mips,
m68k, ns32k, and sparc ports.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer