This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: cplus_demangle decl.
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- To: yperret at bat710 dot univ-lyon1 dot fr
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:55:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: cplus_demangle decl.
- References: <3C73C4C0.BE421D6@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
> Yes, I know this file. But it is not 'nice' for me to include in my
> package this file, as it may change with newer/older binutils version.
> Is there a reason for not including this file in the 'install' file list
> ? If iberty stuff is not supposed to be used outside binutils stuff, I
> may not use these demangle functions, and if iberty is supposed to be
> for anyone, a corresponding header file (in addition of the libiberty.*)
> may be a good thing, no ?
libiberty is not "part of" bfd. It is "used by" bfd. It is an
independent library used by many projects, including gcc, gdb, bfd,
and others. It has its own headers and libraries, and if you happen
to get one of its functions in a bfd shared object, that's just
Most project using libiberty simply copy the entire libiberty source
tree into their builds.