This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils/bucomm.c 1.13 commit
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- To: "Federico G. Schwindt" <fgsch at olimpo dot com dot br>, hjl at gnu dot org
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 20 Feb 2002 08:56:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: binutils/bucomm.c 1.13 commit
- References: <20020220032708.G9398@deedlite>
> i'm trying to find why this was reverted, but couldn't. the
> mailing list shows no clue. perhaps i'm looking in the wrong place?
> anyway, can anyone explain me why binutils/bucomm.c was changed
> back to use mktemp? the commit comment is to my understanding
The change was made by H.J.Lu. The ChangeLog has this entry:
2001-11-29 H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* bucomm.c (make_tempname): Revert the changes made on
2001-11-14 and 2001-11-12. They won't work with directories.
and it was made in response to this email (and its follow ons) in the
mailing list archive: