This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
- From: "Randall Hyde" <rhyde at cs dot ucr dot edu>
- To: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:27:26 -0800
- Subject: Gas Problems
- Reply-to: "Randall Hyde" <rhyde at cs dot ucr dot edu>
Hi, I'm having problems with Gas as
Note: I'm using .intel_syntax in Gas to process the
output of a compiler I've written (which emits MASM
code, porting it to AT&T syntax is too much of a headache).
Here are some problems I've found:
(1) statements like the following get rejected:
fstp float ptr [eax]
fstp double ptr [eax]
fstp tfloat ptr [eax]
By trial and error I've found appropriate AT&T suffix
that work, but they are inconsistent, especially on the
integer FP instructions.
(2) movq and other MMX ilk that support 64-bit operands
don't allow "qword ptr" ("must have a 64-bit architecture"
or some-such error results).
CMPSD and MOVSD don't assemble (the other string
instructions are fine).
Hope this helps,