This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Linker commands for v850 fail in 2.11.2 ?
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: "Mauler Karsten \(FV/SLM\) *" <Karsten dot Mauler at de dot bosch dot com>
- Cc: "'binutils at sources dot redhat dot com'" <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:48:27 +1030
- Subject: Re: Linker commands for v850 fail in 2.11.2 ?
- References: <55CB9FEAE87DD411A83200508BDF0DFE0107E1B0@himail8.hi.de.bosch.com>
On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 08:55:01AM +0100, Mauler Karsten (FV/SLM) * wrote:
> > > could it be that the v850 linker is broken in v2.11.2 ?
> > Yes, the ELF linker in general has been broken for quite some time in
> > regard to NOLOAD. Coincidentally, I checked in a fix just yesterday.
> > Could you please check that the cvs branch (-r binutils-2_12-branch)
> > for the upcoming 2.12 release behaves correctly?
> Sorry, i am not familar with cvs. Do you mean i should check out as it is
> described on the binutils page ?
> cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs/src co binutils
Yes, but add "-r binutils-2_12-branch" after "co" to get the branch
rather than the trunk.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre