Re: how close to binutils-2.12 previews

Macej,
	So, I'm going to go with Thiemo's comments on this and ask that most of
the patch be delayed while we wait for him to finish 64-bit support for
mips. As Thiemo said the checking for la and dla based on
register/address size causes (I believe valid) testsuite failures. It
could warn erroneously as well (I'm thinking of a 64-bit arch with
-mgp32, as well as, the n32 case or even a 64-bit arch with a 32-bit
pointer range).

So, let's delay some of this until we can get mips64 working.

Thanks.

-eric

--
I will not use abbrev.