This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Does your .eh_frame_hdr change work with DW_EH_PE_absptr?
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at kernel dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:02:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: Does your .eh_frame_hdr change work with DW_EH_PE_absptr?
- References: <20020213164338.A6112@lucon.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 04:43:39PM -0800, H . J . Lu wrote:
> "make check" in gcc has many C++ exception failures on Linux/mips with
> the current gcc/binutils. I noticed that Linux/mips uses the default
> ASM_PREFERRED_EH_DATA_FORMAT, which is DW_EH_PE_absptr. Does your
> change work with DW_EH_PE_absptr?
It wouldn't work on IA-32 either if absptr did not work - all non-pic code
uses there absptr.
Can you cook up a minimal testcase which triggers it (the fewer FDEs and
CIEs the better) and mail me the resulting .so or binary for inspection for
now (I might need all the source objects/libs for the final link later to
debug it, but for inspection the final link result should be enough)?