This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
BFD msbin patch
- From: Greg Banks <gnb at alphalink dot com dot au>
- To: Binutils Mailing List <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:14:30 +1100
- Subject: BFD msbin patch
- Organization: Corpus Canem Pty Ltd
I have a patch to BFD which adds read and write support for the
Microsoft .BIN format, which is a simple format for downloading
binaries to embedded targets. It's similar in concept to S-records
but more efficient to transfer and correspondingly less robust in
the presence of communication errors.
Before I submit it, I need a couple of newbie questions answered.
1. My patch is against 2.11.2, should I update it to be against
the latest CVS before submitting?
2. Should I submit generated changes to configure and Makefile.in?
The problem is I'm currently running a different version of
autoconf, and there are spurious changes.
the price of civilisation today is a courageous willingness to prevail,
with force, if necessary, against whatever vicious and uncomprehending
enemies try to strike it down. - Roger Sandall, The Age, 28Sep2001.