This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Problem with LD
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: jnbraun at web dot de
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 12 Feb 2002 12:27:20 -0800
- Subject: Re: Problem with LD
- References: <200202122017.g1CKHcv21697@mailgate5.cinetic.de>
> I have the libungif installed, and if I add an -lungif to the Makefile it compiles without any problem.
> My question is: Shouldn't ld add libungif automatically? I have this problem with other libs as well, and if I try to compile WindowMaker on another system with the same libungif there were no problems.
It may be a configuration problem on your system.
> /etc/ld.so.conf is ok and ldconfig runs without any problems.
> I use glibc-2.2.5, binutils-2.11.93 (I have the problem with 2.11.2 as well), gcc-2.95.3 and a Kernel-2.4.17.
> Can somebody tell me were to search for a solution?
You might want to look in the configuration for your package and see if
it's finding libungif. That's where I'd look first.
I will not use abbrev.