This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fix some SSE2/x86_64 instruction patterns
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, patches at x86-64 dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:52:05 +1030
- Subject: Re: Fix some SSE2/x86_64 instruction patterns
- References: <20020125195907.GG17305@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <20020129053836.GB16187@bubble.sa.bigpond.net.au> <20020207140516.GI23785@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 03:05:16PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 08:59:07PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > >
> > > * sse2.s (cvtps2dq, movdq2q, movq2dq): Correct operand types.
> > > * i386.h:
> > [snip]
> > > (cvtps2dq, movdq2q, movq2dq): Correct operand ordering.
> > According to the Intel manual, these were correct. Please triple
> > check.
> ! cvtps2dq %xmm0, %mm1
> ! movdq2q %mm0, %xmm1
> ! movq2dq %xmm0, %mm1
> Hmm, I see, the Intel manual claims the opposite.
> Is the patch OK w/o these three chagnes? I will re-check what exactly
> going on here.
Yes, it's OK.
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre