cygwin issues with 2.12 (was Re: Branching for 2.12)

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:37:44AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 12:19:28AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> >Um.  Those were adequate instructions for making it bomb "for me".
>> >
>> >I'll rebuild a current CVS and see if it is fixed now.
>>
>> Ok, I've rebuilt and confirmed that a link of gdb.exe now works.
>>
>> Attempting to rebuild the Cygwin DLL (winsup/cygwin) or any C++
>> utilities in winsup/utils seems to fail.
>>
>> So, it looks like a c++ issue, maybe?  I rebuilt the entire toolchain
>> with a very recent gcc + binutils + ld + gas and the link step failed.
>> If I attempt to do the final link with an older toolchain, it works
>> fine.
>>
>> So, it seems like ld or maybe collect2 (?) is the culprit?
>
>Maybe I'm just dense.  I did a clean build, from a partially-combined
>tree of CVS head GCC and binutils.  I built newlib, winsup, and all the
>utils (cygcheck.exe etc.).  They all linked using the cygwin-targetted
>assembler and self-built cygwin DLLs.
>
>Sorry, but to continue any further I need more information.

I don't have any to offer, unfortunately.  can.  Perhaps you could be
more specific about what information you require?

Do you want me to send you object files?  Stub libraries?

Just to be clear, I'm doing this all on linux.  Your mention of DLLs
makes me think that you are possibly doing this on Windows although
that's probably just a terminology problem since you don't normally use
DLLs in linking.

cgf