This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: was this change to MIPS assembly intentional?
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: cgd at broadcom dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 06 Feb 2002 16:48:18 -0800
- Subject: Re: was this change to MIPS assembly intentional?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> But I wanted to be sure that it was intentional. 8-)
Probably. It likely came in with the work that Thiemo is doing on
> Maybe for 2.12, for MIPS, the release notes should say something like:
> The MIPS assembler has significantly changed since the
> previous release, and some code is assembled differently than
> it has been with previous releases. Take care when upgrading
> MIPS binutils to 2.12 if you are using hand-coded assembly.
I'd be all for that.
I will not use abbrev.