This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
- From: "Martin Schwidefsky" <schwidefsky at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:09:17 +0100
- Subject: bfd questions.
for the bi-arch s390/s390x support I'd like to change the two s390 bfds
in some aspects. 1) The printable_name for 31 bit is "s390:390" and for
64 bit it is "s390:esame". Both pretty meaningless, "s390:31" and
"s390:64" would be better. 2) change the bfd_mach_s390_esa preprocessor
define to bfd_mach_s390_31 and bfd_mach_s390_esame to bfd_mach_s390_64.
3) Add the switches -m31 and -m64 to switch to 31 bit or 64 bit.
4) Add the switches -Aesa and -Aesame to switch between the ESA and
ESAME architectures. And last but not least 5) add ESAME relocations
to the 31 bit bfd.
The idea of 4) and 5) is to enable the use of ESAME instructions on
a 31 bit system that is running on a machine that supports ESAME.
Is there anything that would speak against there changes ?
Linux/390 Design & Development, IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Schönaicherstr. 220, D-71032 Böblingen, Telefon: 49 - (0)7031 - 16-2247