This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA:] ld section location mishap. Attention PE, HPPA, PPC64.
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: drow at mvista dot com
- Cc: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:02:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] ld section location mishap. Attention PE, HPPA, PPC64.
> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:12:20 -0500
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com>
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 08:24:23AM +0100, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> What's the issue in pe-dll.c (and
> can you fix that one as simply also)?
I don't know; I couldn't easily tell if it was needed (well ok,
ppc64 was arguably obvious enough) and I don't like to change
code where I can't measure the effect of the change. That's why
I call on the respective maintainer to check. Call me overly
cautious. A missing lang_reset_memory_regions isn't easily
trigged. On the other hand adding it before calls to
lang_size_sections () and lang_do_assignments () seems always