This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: include/dis-asm.h patch for cgen disassemblers
- From: Doug Evans <dje at transmeta dot com>
- To: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, cgen at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:22:13 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: include/dis-asm.h patch for cgen disassemblers
- References: <20020131124350.C19966@redhat.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><20020131162132.I19966@redhat.com><email@example.com><20020201131309.C2190@redhat.com>
Frank Ch. Eigler writes:
> A general hook is the "char* disassembler_options" field, which is used
> as a catch-all. Where this field is used (arm, i386, ppc), it's almost
> exclusively to encode the ISA selection.
This is used to pass in disassembler options from the user too though,
right? If so, it's definately not what you want here.
> I'd prefer to formalize the
> isa switch than continue to deformalize to a string option, especially
> as isa switching is a correctness issue. (Some of these disassembleres
> use the string also for rendering preferences.)
As I said, I can't think of a better name.
No more objections here.