documentation clarification

[Get raw message]
I was reading the man pages for ld looking for -rpath flag and it reads

       `-rpath dir'
           Add a directory to the runtime  library  search  path.

However, if I compile using
 g++ ... -Wl,"rpath /home/matt/lib"
it hangs on the loading, however if I compile using
 g++ ... -Wl,"rpath=/home/matt/lib"
Everything works fine.  I just think that the documentation should be
fixed to say
       `-rpath=dir'
Silly, I know, but it took 1/2 hour trying to figure this one out TBH
Matt
P.S, I really think that this should not cause the compile line to hang