Re: PATCH: Fix the MIPS ISA ELF setting (Re: RedHat 7.1/mips update)

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 12:44:36PM -0800, Eric M. Christopher wrote:

> > FYI, the current binutils is broken for Linux/mips because of it. We need
> > a solution now.
> >

> In what way? Can you provide some more information? (All else fails the

Jim, could you please tell us what the problem is?

> current binutils is broken on a few mips targets, I was under the
> impression that Linux/mips worked at the moment).

Only with my patch. We need a way to tell gas to accept this ISA plus
instructions for that CPU. Also, it will be nice to put that info in
the ELF header. It is useful to loader.

H.J.