Re: cannot undefine with -u option to ld

Hi,

> The feature does no work consistantly.  If i use
> "-u __gccmain", libraries are searched and a
> module is extracted which defines the symbol.
> For every other symbol I tried, no library module
> is extracted, nor does it appear a library search
> is being performed (--verbose).

We really need more information in order to be able to debug this
problem properly.  In particular - which version of ld are you using ?
For which target ?  How was it configured ?  What is the command line
you are using ?

One possible explanation for the behaviour you are seeing is that the
symbols you want to pull in from the libraries are prefixed with an
extra underscore, which you do not normally see.  (This is quite
common behaviour for certain targets).  So, for example if you are
adding '-u foo' to the command line and the symbol "foo" is not being
included in the link, then try using "-u _foo" instead.