KDE: C++ and shared libraries

 Hello,

 could you please read this ?

 http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli/en/linking2/

 I think I've discovered several inefficiencies in gcc and GNU ld that are
causing serious memory overhead in KDE applications. The tests were mainly
done with gcc-2.95.3 and gcc-2.96, but I also tried some of the tests with
gcc3, without much difference, sometimes it was actually even worse (e.g. the
gcc3 version of the conflicts files referenced in the document is here
http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli/en/linking2/conflicts_gcc3.txt.bz2 and the
number of the conflicts is doubled ).

 I'm subscribed to both these mailing lists, and I'd like to know your
opinion (and of course, I'd also like to get the problems fixed).

 Thank you

 Lubos Lunak
--
 l.lunak@email.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org