binutils + i18n

I got this question. I am not familiar with locale. Should I add

setlocale (LC_CTYPE,"");

to all

setlocale (LC_MESSAGES, "");

H.J.
-----
Most programs in binutils only setlocale (LC_MESSAGES, ""); - as most
languages contain non-ASCII character, messages in these languages won't
be shown correctly, but have lots of embedded question marks.

To fix this, either add setlocale(LC_CTYPE,"") as well or change to
setlocale(LC_ALL) - the reason I'm not doing it is than I'm not familiar
enough with binutils to be sure this doesn't affect the produced binaries
in a negative way.