This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: tc-hppa.c SOM and branch limit fixes
- To: alan at linuxcare dot com dot au (Alan Modra)
- Subject: Re: tc-hppa.c SOM and branch limit fixes
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:21:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
> * config/tc-hppa.c (md_apply_fix): Add fmt assertion. Don't
> adjust for external and weak syms as we will use a reloc. Allow
> for +8 offset when calculating limits of branches.
> (hppa_fix_adjustable): Undo 2000-09-23 change.
> (hppa_force_relocation): Likewise. Add fx_addsy assertion.
> Correct distance calculation.
> (tc_gen_reloc): Print the file name and line number if we can't
> handle a fixup.
In addition to the reduce.s testsuite failure that I noted before, this
# Test for an off-by-2 bug in range check for conditional branches
gas_test_error "brlenbug.s" "" "Check for error(s) in branch length"
in unsorted.exp now fails, probably due the change in calculating branch
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)