This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch]: Re: gas 2.10.91 from 20000920 cvs is broken under hpux
- To: alan at linuxcare dot com dot au (Alan Modra)
- Subject: Re: [Patch]: Re: gas 2.10.91 from 20000920 cvs is broken under hpux
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:53:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
> > A possible fix is attached below. Note there is another small fix
> > to pa_align as well.
> Thanks. Your analysis looks correct.
> Hmm, let's see
> #define nonzero_dibits(x) \
> ((x) | (((x) & 0x55555555) << 1) | (((x) & 0xAAAAAAAA) >> 1))
> #define arg_reloc_stub_needed(CALLER, CALLEE) \
> (((CALLER) ^ (CALLEE)) & nonzero_dibits (CALLER) & nonzero_dibits (CALLEE))
> should work too.
Pretty tricky. I used a function rather than a macro because of the function
evaluation needed for the caller symbol_arg_reloc_info (fixP->fx_addsy).
However, I didn't look at optimized code so maybe the optimizer will
eliminate the multiple calls.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)